Thursday, April 15, 2010

lovely dresses....

I know I haven't posted in awhile.... first I was gone in Victoria (so fun! More on that soon) and now I've been sewing lately...pics coming soon.

Anyways, I thought I'd share a few pics of dresses I like and will sew one day. This isn't the post I was going to write today, but it'll have to do....


First of all, is Victoria's wedding dress from The Young Victoria gorgeous or what? I haven't seen the movie yet.... but it's coming out on DVD tomorrow! Yay!!!!


This one Kate Winslet wears as Marianne in Sense and Sensibility is lovely. It was also worn by Charity Wakefield in the new one.

And Marianne's nightgown. Very ruffle-y and romantic. Low, but that's the advantage of sewing it myself.

Here is the long view of Kitty's dress from the '05 Pride and Prejudice. Too bad she's sulking... otherwise we could see more of it!
And, you may be asking, what about my "18th century" phase? Still going strong! In fact, I have some fabric, but I'm not sure about the design of the dress.

anyways, here's a lovely blue one from "Amazing Grace". Great movie, by the way.

and here's some from "Felicity: an American Girl" that I like. (not the movie necessarily, but the dresses)

My next project will have ruffles at the neck and sleeves like this one.


I like this one two. Very pretty embroidery.

well, that's all for now.

Celine

p.s. Grace is having a giveaway!!!! http://gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-giveaway-is-here.html

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I love it. Probably Felicity's is my favorite (not the movie of course:). Colonial dresses are so neat.
    In Christ,
    Grace
    P.S. Thanks for posting my giveaway on your blog; it's nice that people spread the word.
    P.S.S. Cannot wait to see pics on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got tagged at my blog, Celine!
    In Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear from you! Just keep your language respectful (to God and others). :) Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails