Jenny's "Pink and White striped set" from Historically Dressed.
The finished project:
This dress was based on Simplicity 3723. However, I made changes.
- The sleeves are from another pattern in my stash, and shortened.
- The skirt is split in the front to reveal a white petticoat (not pictured because the fabric hasn't been washed yet).
- In the back, instead of darts, I used the princess-seam back pattern that I drafted.
- I made two alternate stomachers, a white one and a pink striped one of the same fabric. The pink striped is pictured.
- Rather than fastening with a zipper in the back, there are hooks and eyes, and snaps attaching the stomacher and bodice front.
p.s. pics of Craigdarroch and Hatley Castle coming soon.... may take awhile, but they're a' comin'