Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Raspberry 50's dress

The completed project:
 Without cardigan:
Back:


The inspiration:
(from Mod Cloth, no longer available)

This was a fun, quick project. I wore it for my piano recital.

I used my old friend, New Look 6824 for the princess-seamed bodice and sash. However,
  • I didn't cut the bodice middle on the fold, but rather cut two and added seam allowance. I thought the seam would make it more vintage-y. 
  • I cut the necklines on my dress form. 
  • I drafted the multiple circle skirt.
  • I used an old pattern from the stash for my skirt's lining
The best part of this project was that the fabric was 75% off at the Joann's liquidation sale!!!! I bought the whole bolt of Party Taffeta, as it was only $1.50 a yard.

 Another fun project :)

 --Celine

2 comments:

Hi! I love to hear from you! Just keep your language respectful (to God and others). :) Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails